YOUR HOMETOWN PHYSICAL THERAPY CLINIC
better faster therapy
ProCare Relocates Specialty Therapists
ProCare Physical Therapy is pleased to announce the relocation of physical, occupational and speech therapists back to the We Care Clinic located at 501 Valley View Boulevard, Altoona, PA 16602.
Sensory Integration Program: Led by ProCare’s Kristan Zolnoski, provides therapy for children with Sensory issues across the Autism Spectrum, as well as others, will treat patients at ProCare’s Valley View (We Care) Clinic. For more information, to schedule an appointment or make a referral call: (814) 205-1404.
Adult Neuro Program: Under the direction of Stacy DuBois, provides services for patients with Parkinson’s disease, Huntingdon’s disease, MS, Stroke, MS , TBI and other neurologic disease/disorders, will treat patients at ProCare’s Valley View (We Care) Clinic. For more information, to schedule an appointment or make a referral call: (814) 205-1404.
Speech Therapy: In addition to speech and language issues such as: articulation, hearing loss, voice impairment or stuttering, speech therapy addresses feeding and swallowing dysfunction. ProCare therapists Tina Weaver and Jay Wagner will treat patients with these issues at our Valley View (We Care) Clinic. For more information, to schedule an appointment or make a referral, please call (814) 205-1404.
At ProCare Physical Therapy, our number one priority is the patient. We strive to provide individualized treatment with hands-on, compassionate therapy. We do not rush our patients or our clinicians. Rather, we perform comprehensive evaluations and encourage patient input for treatment planning and goal setting.
Our physical therapist select only appropriate tests to evaluate and quantitatively measure the patient’s problem. Then, in consultation with the referring physician, an appropriate rehabilitation plan is developed.
Our physical therapists also use numerous modalities and procedures to expedite healing and instructs the patient in a home program. There may be follow-up visits for re-evaluation and update of the home exercise program.
Physical Therapy’s ultimate goal is for the patient to achieve freedom from pain, independent living, and an understanding of how to prevent re-injury.
- Evaluations Within 24-48 hrs
- Flexible Scheduling
- Personalized Care with Treatment Tailored For Each Patient
- Licensed Therapists
- Specialized Treatment Programs
- Friendly and Open Environment
- Convenient Locations with Easy Access and Parking
We accept most insurance including Medicare & Worker’s Comp.
HIGHLY TRAINED STAFF
Our highly trained staff treats every patient as if he or she is a family member or personal friend.
Occupational Therapist/ Women’s Health – Altoona
- Years of experience: 27
- Years with ProCare: 3
- Therapeutic areas of interest: Stress/ urge urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, constipation, pelvic pain conditions, lymphedema
- Hobbies/Interests outside of work: Cooking, outdoor activities and spending time with her family
Occupational Therapist/ Certified Hand Therapist – Altoona
- Years of experience: 19
- Years with ProCare: 14
- Therapy areas of interest: Upper Extremity (shoulders, elbows, wrists and hands), Industrial Services
- Intersts/Hobbies outside of work: Spending time with family, coaching youth athletics, hunting, fishing, camping, kayaking and golfing
Clinic Director – Bedford/Everett
- Years of experience: 11
- Years with ProCare: 8
- Therapeutic areas of interest: Orthopedic Rehab, Sports Medicine, Vestibular Rehab, Balance and Fall Prevention, Industrial Rehab/Workman’s Comp
- Hobbies/Interests outside of work: I am an avid sports fan, especially when it comes to the Steelers and the Pirates. I enjoy golf, (whenever I can find time) and spending time at all local sporting events. I participate in community organizations such as the Bedford Sunrise Rotary and volunteering at St. Thomas School in their fundraising efforts! Most of all, I enjoy spending time with my wife and three young children.
Stephanie Zimmerman Brode
Clinic Director – Broad Top
- Years of experience: 8
- Years With ProCare: 10
- Areas of therapeutic interest: Orthopedic, post-surgery knee/shoulder, balance and fall prevention
- Interests/Hobbies outside of work: Reading, Biking, Swimming, Photography, spending time with family/friends and trips to the beach
Clinic Director – Coalport
- Years of experience: 1
- Years with ProCare: 1
- Areas of Therapeutic Interest: Othopedic, sports and post surgical therapy , cardiopulmonary patient management, cervical pain, patellofemoral syndrome, ACL prevention
- Interests/Hobbies outside of work: Running, fishing, kayaking and hiking
Clinic Director – Huntingdon
- Years of experience: 14
- Years with ProCare: 6
- Areas of therapeutic interest: Sports related injuries, orthopedic and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Interests/Hobbies outside of work: Volunteering at the Joshua House Community Center, fitness and outdoor activities
Clinic Director – Penns Valley
- Year of experience: 7
- Years with ProCare: 5
- Therapeutic areas of interest: Orthopedics, post-surgical rehabilitation, sports injuries, overhead athletes, treatment, prevention and management
- Interests/Hobbies outside of work: Sports, particularly baseball, Family, Astronomy
Clinic Director – Pinecroft
- Years of experience: 1
- Years with ProCare: 1
- Therapeutic areas of interest: Orthopedic care, post-surgical rehabilitation, sports rehabilitation, neurological rehab, pediatrics including early intervention
- Interests/Hobbies outside of work: Spending time with family, reading researching new recipes, crafts and scrapbooking
Clinic Director – Tyrone
- Years of experience: 8
- Years with ProCare: 5
- Therapeutic areas of interest: Orthopedics/sports medicine, functional training for athletes, ACL rehab/prevention
- Interests/Hobbies outside of work: Spending time with my dogs (Rupert and Nitro), sports, Steeler Football, Penguins Hockey, Pirates Baseball and binge watching favorite TV shows on NetFlix
Additional programs are available. Contact us for information on additional or specialty programs you may need.
- Neck Pain & Headaches
- Low Back/Spine Conditions
- Surgical Repairs/Reconstruction
- Injury Assessment, Treatment, Education & Prevention
- Athletic Training Outreach
- Knee, Shoulder, Foot and Ankle Rehab
- Work Rehabilitation
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Post-Offer Employment Testing
- Work Conditioning/Hardening
- Industrial Consultation
- Ergonomic Analysis
- Arthritic Conditions
- Post-operative Care
- Custom Orthotic / Splint Fabrication
- Sprains, Fractures, Lacerations, Burns
- Overuse Syndromes (Carpal Tunnel, Tendinitis, Impingement)
- Frozen Shoulder
- Congenital Disorders
- Work Related Injuries and Conditions
- Ergonomic Consultations for Computer Work Stations
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Movement Disorders
- Gait and Balance Deficits
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Sensory Integration
- Early Intervention
- Support Groups
- A versatile system that has shown proven results that increases mobility and decrease pain. Improves balance and proprioception. Builds strength and instills confidence. It make functional rehabilitation safe and simple. Ask your physical therapist about it today or look for a facility that uses Primal 7 today to get you on the road to recovery and improved movement.
- Throwing Mechanics Evaluation
- Education in Throwing Mechanics
- Athlete Specific Exercise Programs
For Additional Questions Please Contact Us
Yes. The choice of where you receive therapy is always yours. While the majority of our patients come to us by physician referral/recommendation, many clients request to see us due to our strong clinical reputation in the community.
We operate in a direct access state where, if your insurance plan authorizes self-referral to physical therapy, a physician referral is not necessary for you to be seen by a licensed therapist. Please check with your insurance though as many health insurance plans require a physician’s referral for therapy to be covered. We also offer treatments, services and/or products that do NOT require a referral and are available on a self-pay basis.
We participate in the majority of major health insurance plans including Medicare and Worker’s Compensation. Please contact us prior to your first visit to see if we participate with your specific health plan.
As a service to our patients, we will gladly file claims with your insurance company on your behalf. In order to appropriately submit these claims, we will need to obtain a copy of your insurance identification card to ensure that we have the necessary information.
Your therapist will conduct an evaluation of your condition lasting between 60-90 minutes. The evaluation is necessary to create a program designed specifically to address your needs for a maximum recovery.
– Referral slip from your medical doctor
– Your medical insurance card
– Your ID
– If you are getting therapy as a result of a worker’s compensation claim or an automobile accident, you will also need to bring your claim information, including claim number.
Please arrive 15 minutes early on your first visit to fill out any necessary paperwork.
We recommend comfortable clothing such as sweatpants or shorts, a T-shirt or tank-top and sneakers.
Each visit will last 60 – 90 minutes on average. Times vary due to the treatment and exercises being performed.
The regularity of your visits will be determined after your initial evaluation, but most patients have 3 visits each week scheduled.
"The staff and therapists at ProCare Physical Therepy in Tyrone, PA are professional, compassionate, friendly, punctual, and helpful. My therapy sessions always helped reduce my pain and further the healing process. The therapists went the extra mile to help me improve and enable me to return to martial arts and other training activities. They do a great job keeping my PT challenging but fun. I won't hesitate to return to their care whenever I need PT. My thanks to all of them!"